Sunday, November 1, 2009

Week 9, Thing 22 E-Books

It's great that there are many books available free through the Gutenberg Project. From the Classroom Learning 2.0 site, the free e-books were a bit difficult to find. I was a little confused at first as the link goes to WorldeBookFair.org where it says that it is $8.95 to join. If you click on "Join the Gutengberg Project" on the left, it does ask that you give a donation.

Still, this is a small price to pay to have access to many books, but I imagine that many of the popular items that library patrons are looking for are not available because they are not yet in the public domain. In other words, I guess GP is best for those looking for older works. Unfortunately, I can't download on my computer or I would have liked to download a free e-book. However, I did search for "Dracula" and had 4 results.

No comments:

Post a Comment